You probably don’t want or need to know too much about me. Here are a few points.
- I was born… quite a long time ago.
- Learned guitar as a teenager, played along with Dylan and the rest of ‘em.
- Early twenties, discovered “bush” music, bought a concertina.
- Knocked around for a while. Toured Europe on bicycles with my girlfriend (now wife), busking to pay our way, singing Aussie songs! A concer travels well on a bike!
- Back home, played in bands and solo. Started working the schools, very successful. Among a field of hundreds I’m a four time winner of the annual Education Dept. award for “Excellence in Educational Performance”. (See the For Kids page).
- After twenty years and with a family, time for a tree change. Went bush, started a farm growing flowers. Still doing it. Play music for enjoyment.
- Late 2010 contracted serious cancer, in remission now and celebrate each new day. (See the Cancer & me page).
- 2013, after cancer I neglect all my other instruments and concentrate solely on concertina. It becomes a passion and a purpose to play as well as I possibly can, while I still can.